State of North Carolina Public Records
The North Carolina government has over two hundred forty state agencies operating and serving the public which include law enforcement and various administrative functions. As a right to review state, many records are made available to the public ranging from criminal history background checks to real estate information, vital records, registered and recorded documents. North Carolina has moved forward with many services becoming available online through its individual agency websites.
State of North Carolina Courts
- North Carolina DPS Background Checks
Department of public safety criminal records search.
- North Carolina Land Records
Search deeds, mortgage documents and more.
- Obtaining Certified North Carolina Birth and Death Records
How to get birth and death record information.
- Obtaining Certified Copies of Marriage and Divorce Records
Public marriage records and divorce certificates.
- North Carolina Statewide Business Search
Obtain business, corporate and company information.
- North Carolina Statewide Business Licenses
Information on obtaining a business license.
- North Carolina Statewide UCC Search
Online services for UCC inquiries, filings, copy and debtor search certificate requests and more.
- North Carolina Elections and Voter Information
Voter data statewide.
- North Carolina Business Forms
Free downloadable forms from the business services division.
- North Carolina Employment Security Commission
Employment services, unemployment insurance, and labor market information.
- North Carolina Tax Information
State tax links and resources.
- North Carolina Public Safety Department
Review criminal history records and more.
- Search For State Employees
Employee name search.
- North Carolina Inmate Information
Search for an inmate online.
- Search North Carolina Law
Lookup North Carolina codes and laws.
- Directory of North Carolina Agencies
Contact any agency statewide.
- Search for State Financial Institutions
Financial institution information.
- Unclaimed Property Records
Search the State Treasurers Office.
- North Carolina Census Information
quick facts and information.
- North Carolina Genealogy and Ancestry
Lookup your ancestry online.
- North Carolina Highway Patrol and Statewide Police Agencies
Information and services of state and local police departments.
- North Carolina Hurricane Preparedness
Information and preparation for hurricane emergencies.
- North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services
Help and information for senior citizens.
- North Carolina Education and Schools
North Carolina Department of Education.
- North Carolina Missing Children
National center for missing & exploited children.
- North Carolina Parks and Recreation
Information on state parks.
- North Carolina Airports
Find an airports in North Carolina.
- North Carolina State Library
Services for the public, teachers, students and libraries.
- North Carolina Department of Motor Vehicles
DMV services and resources for North Carolina drivers.
- Get Driving Records
Request a driving record.
- North Carolina State Records Requests
Guidelines and information for public records.
- North Carolina Energy Office
Providing information on saving energy and becoming energy efficient.
- Department of State Fire Marshal
Information to protect the property and resources of North Carolina.
- North Carolina Visitors Information
Guide to the state of North Carolina.
- North Carolina Maps, Government and Population
Information on North Carolina; economy, government, culture and more
North Carolina's general trial courts consists of superior and district courts dealing with nearly three million cases annually. The state's courts also maintain a database of charges and convictions made by state, county and city law enforcement. The review trials from lower courts are the Supreme and the court of Appeals. The clerks of court provide records, forms, local rules and court documents.
About NC Public Records
NC Public Records By County
Public Records Search